You are here
Discussion Questions and Activities
- Provide an example of how an organization uses different media to present a consistent message using integrated marketing communications (IMC).
- In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of advertising on the radio, in magazines, on television, through direct marketing, and on the Internet?
- Give an example of an organization’s promotional strategy and how it gets consumers to select it, pay attention to it, and retain it as intended.
- Give an example of the unique selling proposition for one of your favorite brands.
- Explain why companies might use different budgeting methods to set their promotional budgets.
- Identify your three favorite and least favorite commercials and explain why you like or don’t like each one. Notice whether there are similarities in your preferences. In
other words, are your favorite commercials humorous? Are your least favorite commercials annoying?
- Create a message strategy for a cover letter to go with your résumé.
- Outline three message strategies that you feel would get consumers’ attention in television commercials and in print ads.