This module serves as the orientation and course "home" for an experimental course that takes an inquiry-based approach to learning about music. The purpose of the course is to provide guidance for individuals or groups in designing and carrying out music-learning inquiries that are tailored to the educational goals, learning style, cultural background, musical knowledge, and interests of the individual learners.
You will find in this module
- A short general introduction to What is inquiry-based learning?,
- A description of the specific How does online music inquiry work? process used in this course,
- Advice for Teachers and Group Facilitators and others who are interested in facilitating a group inquiry,
- A list of Music Inquiry Modules offered through this course.
- Suggested Resources for further reading about inquiry-based learning.