- What makes the concept of market segmentation different from that of product differentiation?
- What are the advantages that market segmentation has over aggregate or mass marketing?
- What criteria would you use to determine whether the toothpaste market should be grouped into a "drinker's toothpaste" segment? A "business person's toothpaste" segment?
- Why is demographic segmentation alone not always a sufficient means of target market identification? Suggest a better method.
- Assume that you have been hired by a film to segment the market for replacement tires. What segmentation bases would you use? What pitfalls should you be suspicious of?
- List the steps in the market segmentation process.
- Describe the means by which industrial reseller markets can be segmented.
- Segmentation is really an aggregation process. Explain.
- Is a multi-base segmentation approach always better than the use of a single segmentation base?
- Do you think that there are distinct market segments for personal computers? If so, what are the characteristics? If not, why not?
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter