You are here
- List the basic objectives of marketing communication. Why is it often difficult for promoters to reach their objectives? Provide some valid reasons why marketers should pursue
- Assume that top management for General Equipment, Inc. hired you to determine if promotional opportunity exists for a fabricated part that has been developed for heavy-duty
equipment. What criteria would you use as a basis of investigation?
- Define the phrase "sales promotion". Cite some examples of how sales promotion can supplement or complement the other components of the IMC mix.
- What steps might a public relations person take to prevent the firm from acquiring a negative public image?
- Assume that you are the public relations director for a bank. Suppose that two people were robbed while withdrawing money from an automatic 24-hour teller machine. Develop a
program in response to this incident.
- How is the consumer's definition of advertising different from that of a businessperson's?
- Give some examples of situations in which primary demand product advertising might be fruitful. When would selective demand product advertising be useful?
- Assume that you have been charged with organizing an in-house advertising department for a growing consumer products company. The first task is to hire an advertising manager
who will have ultimate responsibility. What responsibilities should be mentioned in the job description for this position?
- Explain the difference between creative strategy and creative tactics.
- List and describe the various types of appeals. Develop an appeal, as well as tactics to operationalize this appeal, for Old Spice Shave Cream.