We now have everything we need to develop and use a complete picture of your organization’s performance. This chapter will show you the following:
- how to assemble a complete strategic architecture of your business involving performance, resources, flows, and interdependences
- how to use this architecture to manage the system, understanding past performance, likely developments, and alternative possibilities
- how to control performance into the future
Remember the strategy challenges that we highlighted in Performance Through Time ? These were
- Why has performance followed the path that it has?
- Where is it going if we carry on as we are?
- How can we change it for the better?
Now that you understand the way a system of resources works, you are in a position to answer these questions in detail.