As any leader should, it is important to support your staff, co-workers, and the organization to strengthen their self-efficacy. You can do this in several ways:
- Verbally tell them that they are making progress.
- Have evaluation or reflection sessions about the progress.
- Provide them with the right resources.
- Tell them to keep trying and to sustain their efforts.
- Know when to give feedback and what type of feedback to provide.
If you are looking to develop your own self-efficacy, then you need to put in systems that will help you. For example, find the role models and proper support mechanisms to ensure you do not fail. Finding support is important because your support system helps to minimize your attention on weaknesses; they provide constructive feedback to help you develop professionally.