- How would you have defined marketing before you read this chapter? How does that definition differ from the definition provided?
- Can you think of another organization that demonstrates the propositions of marketing as well as L.L. Bean? Provide a similar discussion using that organization.
- What are the factors to consider in maintaining consumer contact? Community contact?
- Why is it so important to understand your competition? Company functions?
- Contrast macro- and micromarketing. Contrast services and goods marketing.
- Demonstrate how the corporate mission can directly influence marketing.
- What is the difference between the internal and external environment? Provide five examples of each.2
- What is a competitive advantage? How does marketing contribute to the creation of a competitive advantage?
- Discuss the reasons for studying marketing.
- Give examples of how marketing communication differs from personal communication.
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter