- Globalization is flattening the world and has created changes to our social and political environments.
- Lifestyle changes are happening all around the world.
- Technological changes are creating an “innovation economy” that will require new skill sets and knowledge, and new organizational structures.
- Demographic changes in the work force are affecting intercultural work. The most important changes include an aging baby boomer generation, increasing immigration, a growing
Hispanic population in the United States, and more women participating in the work force.
- Cultural challenges and value conflicts will naturally occur as economic boundaries disappear.
- Culturally intelligent leaders are needed to resolve intercultural issues and find solutions for working with one another.