- Database is considered as a collection of fixed – size record.
- This model is closer to the physical level or file structure.
- Is a representation of database as seen by the DBMS.
- Requires the designer to match the conceptual model’s characteristics and constraints to those of the selected implementation model.
- The entities in the conceptual model are mapped to the tables in the relational model.
- The three most well-known models of this kind are the relational data model, the network data model and the hierarchical data model.