- In the Student Grade Report table the repeating group is the course information. A student can take many courses.
- Remove the repeating group. In this case it’s the Course information for each student.
- Identify the Primary Key in your new table.
- Primary key must uniquely identify attribute value (StudentNo, and CourseNo)
- After removing all the attributes related to the Course and Student, what’s left is the Student_course table. Student (Student_no,student_name,major)
- The Student table is in First Normal Form (repeating group removed)
Student (Student_no, student_name, major) Student_Course(Studentno, course_no, course_name,instructor_no,instructor_name, instructor_location, grade)