You are here
- Black, Fischer., Michael C. Jensen, and Myron Scholes (1972). The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Some Empirical Tests, pp. 79–121 in M. Jensen ed., Studies in the Theory of Capital
Markets. New York: Praeger Publishers.
- Fama, Eugene F. (1968). Risk, Return and Equilibrium: Some Clarifying Comments. Journal of Finance Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 29–40.
- Fama, Eugene F. and Kenneth French (1992). The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns. Journal of Finance, June 1992, 427-466.
- French, Craig W. (2003). The Treynor Capital Asset Pricing Model, Journal of Investment Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 60–72. Available at http://www.joim.com/
- French, Craig W. (2002). Jack Treynor's 'Toward a Theory of Market Value of Risky Assets' (December). Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=628187
- Lintner, John (1965). The valuation of risk assets and the selection of risky investments in stock portfolios and capital budgets, Review of Economics and Statistics, 47 (1),
- Markowitz, Harry M. (1999). The early history of portfolio theory: 1600-1960, Financial Analysts Journal, Vol. 55, No. 4
- Mehrling, Perry (2005). Fischer Black and the Revolutionary Idea of Finance. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Mossin, Jan. (1966). Equilibrium in a Capital Asset Market, Econometrica, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 768–783.
- Ross, Stephen A. (1977). The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), Short-sale Restrictions and Related Issues, Journal of Finance, 32 (177)
- Rubinstein, Mark (2006). A History of the Theory of Investments. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Sharpe, William F. (1964). Capital asset prices: A theory of market equilibrium under conditions of risk, Journal of Finance, 19 (3), 425-442
- Stone, Bernell K. (1970) Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: A General Single-Period Theory of Asset Selection and Capital-Market Equilibrium. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Tobin, James (1958). Liquidity preference as behavior towards risk, The Review of Economic Studies, 25
- Treynor, Jack L. (1961). Market Value, Time, and Risk. Unpublished manuscript.
- Treynor, Jack L. (1962). Toward a Theory of Market Value of Risky Assets. Unpublished manuscript. A final version was published in 1999, in Asset Pricing and Portfolio
Performance: Models, Strategy and Performance Metrics. Robert A. Korajczyk (editor) London: Risk Books, pp. 15–22.
- Mullins, David W. (1982). Does the capital asset pricing model work?, Harvard Business Review, January–February 1982, 105-113.