Having read this chapter, you should be able to:
- understand the behavior of the individual consumers in the marketplace;
- examine the many factors that influence consumer behavior;
- recognize the various principles of psychology, sociology, and social psychology that are of value in explaining consumer behavior;
- examine the relationship of consumer behavior to marketing management decisions—particularly, target market selection and the design of the marketing mix;
- understand how organizational market behavior differs from consumer market behavior;
- and examine how organizations make purchase decisions.