Available under Creative Commons-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Download for free at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- "All American: Glossary of Literary Terms." University of North Carolina at Pembroke. Accessed September 2011. All American:Glossary of Literary Terms 1.
- Aparicio Frances R. and Susana Chávez-Silverman, eds. Tropicalizations: Transcultural Representations of Latinidad. Hanover: UP of New England, 1997.
- Guijarro, Miguel Ed. Spanish, Portuguese, and American women: As they are in their home, in the fields, in the cities, in church, during festivities, in the workshop, and in salons: descriptions and pictures of the Character, Customs, Typical Dress, Manners, Religion, Beauty, Defects, Preoccupations, and Qualities of Women from each of the Provinces of Spain, Portugal, and the Spanish Americas. Translated by Gauthereau-Bryson, Lorena and Estep, Robert (Portuguese translations). Books. Madrid: Miguel Guijarro, 1876. From Woodson Research Center, Rice University, Americas collection, 18111920, MS 518. http://hdl.handle.net/1911/20705.
- Crane, Stephen. The Red Badge of Courage. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1896. Google Books. Accessed September 2011.
- Rosenthal, Debra H. Race Mixture in Nineteenth-Century U.S. and Spanish American Fictions: Gender, Culture, and Nation Building. Chapel Hill: U of North Carolina P, 2004.