You are here
- Download the XHTML webpage from Activity 5 to your hard disk. This would be either night_scene1.html or night_scene2.html.
- Visit the W3C's online validation service at validator.w3.org.
- Validate the XHTML webpage using the Validate by File Upload option. Your page will be validated according to the DOCTYPE declaration used. What are the results?
- Now let's change the DOCTYPE declaration on the webpage. Using any text editor, change the DOCTYPE to XHTML 1.0 Strict instead, as follows:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN''http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd'>
Note that the XHTML 1.0 Strict version does not allow any presentation tags in your HTML document. It requires that CSS should be used instead of HTML for formatting and layout purposes.
- Save the changes to the file and validate the updated webpage using the Validate by File Upload option. What are the results this time?