Create an online résumé
You will now create an online résumé or CV to demonstrate your understanding of the basic technologies for building webpages. You may use HTML or XHTML to build the page, and you will be provided with an external CSS file that you can link to.
Create your online résumé using a text editor, such as Notepad.
The contents of this résumé are geared towards a Web designer position. The text and content can be downloaded here:
The download also includes a CSS file that can be used to format and lay out your résumé.
You should include the following elements in your webpage:
- titles (h1, h2)
- headings (h3, h4, h5, h6)
- bullet points (ul, ol, li)
- links to favourite Web design sites, together with appropriate labels for each link
- email link to yourself
- link to the top of the page labelled 'Back to Top'
- optional elements: photo, portfolio section containing links to design work, recommendations or awards, etc.
- link to the external stylesheet ‘resume.css’ in the <head> section of your document. The style sheet is included in the download above.
Congratulations! You have now demonstrated the basic Web design skills that you will build on in the future.