- To understand and comprehend the existence of resisters and saboteurs in a school building and/or district.
- To help the aspiring principal think about positive solutions and strategies.
- To develop a realistic and workable plan to deal with resistance within the school organization.
- Read Phillip Schlechty's Five Types of Actors Click Here to access entire article
- Read Creighton's Resisters and Saboteurs Below.....
- Discuss Field Activity #3 and Peer Review
Field Activity #3
Give your particular school site a snapshot look into the "existence (or non-existence)" of Schlechty's Five Types of Actors. Submit a two-four page analysis paper of what you observe. Obviously, no names of teachers or principal.