- Provide three reasons for a company to implement a high-commitment work system.
- Name and describe three examples of mechanisms a company could use to increase employee participation.
- Discuss the four different categories of diversity. Give one reason why each would be important to a company.
- Discuss the pros and cons of internal and external recruiting. Which one do you prefer, and why?
- Should tests be used to select employees? Why? Why not?
- What are the primary benefits of training employees?
- What is the relationship between career development systems and employee retention?
- Identify the critical parts of an effective performance appraisal.
- Provide two lessons for giving, and for receiving, feedback effectively.
- Define internal and external equity in establishing a base pay system.
- Provide three reasons to provide employees compensation in the form of benefits.
- Name and describe two examples of each: short-term incentives and long-term incentives.
- Name the five characteristics of the JCM approach to job design, and provide an example of each.
- What are the four main reasons why an employee is terminated?
- How can a company avoid downsizing?
- Identify two ways to measure the effectiveness of your Human Resource Management policies.
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- The mind of the entrepreneur: Your entrepreneurial journey begins by embarking on your own hero’s journey!
- Back Matter