- Describe the four components of an information system. Why is it important to consider each of them when designing and installing an information system?
- Under what circumstances might it be wise for a start-up entrepreneur to postpone investing in computer-based information systems for the organization?
- What are the major options you have for obtaining hardware, software and support from IS professionals?
- Define a “software suite”. What are the advantages of using a software suite instead of a number of stand-alone software applications?
- When should you consider using database management software instead of a spreadsheet?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of open source software applications for a start-up organization.
- What are the objectives of a Website? Who benefits the most from your organization’s web presence?
- When having a web presence what is the single most important objective? What is the greatest risk to a website?
- Give at least three examples of organizations that have used IS in innovative ways to gain competitive advantage. For each example, which of Porter’s framework elements does it illustrate?
- What are the three general approaches for setting an organization’s IS priorities? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- Why is it important for start-up entrepreneurs to pay attention to IS risk management?
- How do managers decide how much attention and resources they should devote to IS risk management?
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- The mind of the entrepreneur: Your entrepreneurial journey begins by embarking on your own hero’s journey!
- Back Matter