- Understand in what circumstances a principal will be vicariously liable for torts committed by employees.
- Recognize the difference between agents whose tort and criminal liability may be imputed to the employer and those whose liability will not be so imputed.
- Know when the principal will be vicariously liable for intentional torts committed by the agent.
- Explain what is meant by “the scope of employment,” within which the agent’s actions may be attributed to the principal and without which they will not.
- Name special cases of vicarious liability.
- Describe the principal’s liability for crimes committed by the agent.