- Navigate to the Cpp Software Download folder and run the devcpp-18.104.22.168 setup.exe software by double cliking on the filename.
- Use common sense and answer the installation prompts. NOTE THE FOLLOWING TWO ITEMS:
- When it gets to the "Choose Install Location" you can see that the default software location of: C:\Dev-Cpp\ however, it needs to be changed. Change the "Destination Directory" by selecting changing the default software location from: C:\Dev-Cpp\ to DriveLetter:\Dev-Cpp\ (where the DriveLetter is the drive that represents your flash drive).
- When it asks: "Do you want to install Dev C++ for all users on this computer?" answer "No".
- After it installs, it will ask some "first time confguration" questions. Again, use common sense and answer the questions. NOTE THE FOLLOWING ITEM:
- Answer "No" to the retrieve information from header files.
- It will start your compiler/IDE with a "Tip of the day". We suggest you check the box in the lower left and select "Close".
- Close your compiler/IDE by using the normal red "X" box. We want to show you how to start your compiller normally.
- To start your compiler software you navigate to the "Dev-Cpp" folder on your flash drive and select the "devcpp.exe" application. NOTE: When using the flash drive you should not try starting the compiler by double clicking on a C++ source code file. This method works on a machine installation but does not work on a flash drive installation.
- On the menus at the top Select "File" then "Open project or file" then navigate to where your source code file (Compiler Test.cpp) is stored on your flash drive. See the suggested folder name above. Select the source code file and open it.
- You should see the source code listing. Press F9 key or select the "Execute" then "Compile & Run" from the menus at the top. A black screen box should appear and you answer questions appropriately to run the program. When you are done running your program the black screen box goes away.
You are here
Home » Programming Fundamentals -A Modular Structured Approach using C++ » Introduction to Programming » Bloodshed Dev-C++ 5 Compiler/IDE » Installation Instructions for Bloodshed Dev-C++ 5 compiler/IDE
Flash Drive Installation Instructions
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter