- Describe how the body’s mechanisms maintain homeostasis?
- Why is excretion important in order to achieve osmotic balance?
- What is the role of the accessory organs in digestion?
- What is the role of minerals in maintaining good health?
- Discuss why obesity is a growing epidemic.
- Describe the function of these terms and describe where they are located: main bronchus, trachea, alveoli.
- How does the structure of alveoli maximize gas exchange?
- Describe the cardiac cycle.
- What is a similarity and a difference between an exocrine gland and an endocrine gland?
- Describe how hormone receptors can play a role in affecting the size of the responses of tissues to hormones.
- Many hormone systems regulate body functions through opposing hormone actions. Describe how opposing hormone actions regulate blood-glucose levels?
- What movements occur at the hip joint and knees as you bend down to pick something up?
- How are neurons similar to other cells? How are they unique?
- What are the main functions of the spinal cord?
- What are the main differences between the sympathetic and parasympathetic branches of the autonomic nervous system?
- What are the main functions of the sensorysomatic nervous system?
You are here
CRITICAL THINKING QUESTIONS
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter