4. Which of the following is not a feature common to most animals?
a. development into a fixed body plan
b. asexual reproduction
c. specialized tissues
d. heterotrophic nutrient sourcing
5. Which of the following does not occur?
a. radially symmetrical diploblast
b. diploblastic eucoelomate
c. protostomic coelomate
d. bilaterally symmetrical deuterostome
6. The large central opening in the poriferan body is called the .
7. Cnidocytes are found in .
a. phylum Porifera
b. phylum Nemertea
c. phylum Nematoda
d. phylum Cnidaria
8. Cubozoans are .
9. Which group of flatworms are primarily external parasites of fish?
10. Crustaceans are .
11. A mantle and mantle cavity are present in .
a. class Oligochaeta
b. class Bivalvia
c. class Polychaeta
d. class Hirudinea
12. Annelids have a .
b. a true coelom
c. no coelom
d. none of the above
13. Echinoderms in their larval state have .
a. triangular symmetry
b. radial symmetry
c. hexagonal symmetry
d. bilateral symmetry
14. The circulatory fluid in echinoderms is .
15. Which of the following is not a member of the phylum Chordata?
16. Members of Chondrichthyes differ from members of Osteichthyes by having a .
b. bony skeleton
c. cartilaginous skeleton
d. two sets of paired fins
17. Squamata includes .
a. crocodiles and alligators
d. lizards and snakes
18. Sudoriferous glands produce .
19. Which of the following is a Monotreme?