You are here
- What is systems development?
- What is the difference between systems development and the systems development life cycle (SDLC)?
- What are the systems development objectives?
- What benefits are derived from using a systems development methodology?
- What are the systems development phases, steps, purposes, and tasks?
- What are the essential elements of good project management?
- What are the five maturity levels of the Capability Maturity Model (CMM)?
- Describe the ways that a manager or system user might be involved in systems development.
- What are the key elements and principles of business process reengineering (BPR)?
- What events or conditions may cause a systems survey to be initiated?
- What are the systems survey goals?
- What are three aspects of feasibility? Explain each.
- Why develop a project plan?
- Why obtain signoffs on the feasibility document?
- What are the differences among the systems survey, systems analysis, and the structured systems analysis steps in systems development?
- What are the goals of structured systems analysis?
- Why do we study and document the current physical environment?
- Why do we develop a current logical model of an Information System?
- Why do we develop alternative logical designs?
- Why do we develop alternative physical designs?
- Why do we conduct a cost/benefit analysis?
- Why do we conduct an effectiveness analysis?
Appendix 6A: Describe two situations in which you would use each of the following techniques: internal literature review, interview, internal presentation,
observation, walkthrough, database and files review, and questionnaire.