- Explain the five major competitive challenges facing manufacturing companies in developed nations.
- How has global competition affected the domestic manufacturing environment? How can technology help domestic companies compete?
- What is the role of enterprise resource planning systems in helping manufacturing companies improve effectiveness and efficiency?
- What are the differences between push manufacturing and pull manufacturing?
- How does each IPP component that appears in Figure 14.2 function?
- How are a bill of material (BOM) and a route sheet similar and how do they differ?
- What does “exploding a bill of material” mean?
- How are materials requirements planning, detailed capacity requirements planning, and shop floor control similar? Different?
- What are the key processes, data, and data flows in the cost accounting system of a manufacturer that uses a standard cost system?
- Why is inventory management and control important to the manufacturing and production processes?
- How does supply chain management help organizations cut costs of production?
- What technology-enabled challenges and opportunities were presented in the chapter?
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter