You are here
- This chapter discusses the complexities of competing in a highly competitive global manufacturing environment. Discuss how enterprise resource planning systems can help an
organization streamline its processes and become more competitive.
- Discuss what you think might be the major contributing reasons for automotive manufacturers being one of the leaders in enterprise resource planning system implementations.
- Why might a firm decide to implement only certain modules in an enterprise resource planning system rather than a complete implementation?
- A company cannot implement a just-in-time (JIT) process without making a heavy investment in information technology.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
- A company cannot implement manufacturing resource planning (MRP) without making a heavy investment in information technology.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
- “A company cannot implement a flexible manufacturing system (FMS) without making a heavy investment in information technology.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, how well has your college educational experience prepared you to meet the challenges and opportunities mentioned in the chapter? What recommendations would you
make, if any, to improve that experience for future students at your school?
- Discuss how the inventory control process goals support the production planning process. Discuss also the risks to the production process if such controls are not in place.
- How feasible would it be for a company’s production process to be entirely paperless? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
- How can supply chain management help organizations improve their customer relationship management activities?