You are here
- Each of the following questions concerns Figure 11.2 and Table 11.1:
- Which entities, shown as external to the M/S process, also are outside the “boundary” of the organization and which are not?
- The revenue collection process is notified of the sale in flow 6 and the shipment in flow 9. Which of the two flows is the “trigger” for invoicing the customer?
- What key players would you expect to find in the marketing function’s organization chart?
- What are some advantages of using EDI to support global sales activity?
- How does Internet-based EDI enhance sales opportunities with small and medium-sized companies?
- How do customer relationship management (CRM) systems aid a salesperson in providing service to customers?
- Each of the following questions concerns the logical description of the M/S process:
- What are the three major processes? What are the subsidiary processes of each major process?
- What data stores does the M/S process “own”?
- What data stores are owned by other information processes that provide data to the M/S process? What data does the M/S process obtain from these stores?
- What three exception routines may occur when a customer order is processed?
- What do the terms picking ticket, packing slip, bill of lading, tickler file, and one-for-one checking
- Does Figure 11.8, Figure 11.9,and Figure 11.10 (a) employ online data
entry; (b) use data communications technology; (c) process event occurrences individually, or in batches; and (d) update data records continuously?
- Each of the following questions concerns the control matrix for the M/S process (Figure 11.13) and its related annotated systems flowchart
(Figure 11.8, Figure 11.9,and Figure 11.10):
- What five operations process goals does the matrix show?
- In this process, what particular resources do we wish to secure?
- What are the two kinds of data inputs in this system?
- What constitutes a “valid” sales order? A valid shipping notice?
- For what master data(s) do we want to ensure UC and UA?
- How does each control plan listed in the control matrix in Figure 11.13 work?
- How is each lower-level DFD (Figure
11.15, Figure 11.16, and
Figure 11.17) “balanced” with the
level 0 diagram in Figure