- Search for “Balanced Scorecard” software on the Web using your favorite search engine (e.g., Altavista, Yahoo!, Lycos, google). Try a demo if you can find one. What are the four dimensions of the balanced scorecard and how might it help in a strategic planning process? How would it help in monitoring day-to-day operations?
- Refer to the level 0 data flow diagram shown in Figure 15.6. Draw a lower-level DFD for process 4.0 shown in Figure 15.6. Make sure that each lower-level DFD is balanced with its parent.
- Visit the XBRL Web site at www.xbrl.org. Discuss how XBRL reports could be used to (a) communicate with the investment community, (b) apply for a loan, (c) file with the SEC or other governmental reporting agency, (d) report to a corporate parent, and (e) communicate with a business partner.
- Search for business intelligence software on the Web using your favorite search engine (e.g., Altavista, Yahoo!, Lycos, google). Try a demo if you can find one. Who are the intended users of this software? How could it be useful for running a college or university?
- Take a set of financial statement information that you have available or can find in the library and implement the process discussed in Technology Excerpt 14.1.
You are here
- Front Matter
- Body Matter
- Back Matter