You are here
CRITICAL THINKING QUESTIONS
- How are specialized tissues important for animal function and complexity?
- Using the following terms, explain what classifications and groups humans fall into, from the most general to the most specific: symmetry, germ layers, coelom, embryological
- Describe the feeding mechanism of sponges and identify how it is different from other animals.
- Compare the structural differences between Porifera and Cnidaria.
- Speculate as to what advantage(s) a complete digestive system has over an incomplete digestive system?
- Describe a potential advantage and disadvantage of the cuticle of ecdysozoans.
- Describe the morphology and anatomy of mollusks.
- Sessile adult tunicates lose the notochord; what does this suggest about one function of this structure?
- During embryonic development, what features do we share with tunicates or lancelets?
- What can be inferred about the evolution of the cranium and the vertebral column from examining hagfishes and lampreys?
- Explain why frogs are restricted to a moist environment.
- Describe three adaptations that allow for flight in birds.