You are here
Figure 15.3 Which of the following statements is false?
- Eumetazoa have specialized tissues and Parazoa do not.
- Both acoelomates and pseudocoelomates have a body cavity.
- Chordates are more closely related to echinoderms than to rotifers according to the figure.
- Some animals have radial symmetry, and some animals have bilateral symmetry.
Figure 15.24 Which of the following statements about the
anatomy of a mollusk is false?
- Mollusks have a radula for scraping food.
- Mollusks have ventral nerve cords.
- The tissue beneath the shell is called the mantle.
- The mantle cavity contains hemolymph.
Figure 15.33 Which of the following statements about common
features of chordates is true?
- The dorsal hollow nerve cord is part of the chordate central nervous system.
- In vertebrate fishes, the pharyngeal slits become the gills.
- Humans are not chordates because humans do not have a tail.
- Vertebrates do not have a notochord at any point in their development; instead, they have a vertebral column.